Today’s healthcare is centered around the patient/provider ecosystem, which is driving technology adoption—from delivering critical applications to nurses via virtual desktops and ensuring the security of sensitive patient records to discovering next-gen treatment offerings and ensuring operational excellence. Driving factors include:
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA): This is the foundation that helps physicians bill for Medicare, which rewards them for quality of care, not quantity.
- Re-admissions Policies: These are designed to reduce patient infection rates while receiving care at hospitals. They measure hospitals on patient re-admission rates and payment adjustments.
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs): Comprised of a group of doctors, hospitals and healthcare providers where coordinated care ensures that patients get the right care at the right time, the ACOs’ goals are to avoid unnecessary duplication of services and preventing medical errors.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA): This act requires compliance for any provider with patient medical records or sensitive medical information.
- Never Events: These are errors in medical care that are clearly identifiable, preventable and serious in their consequences for patients.
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS): Required for all U.S. hospitals, HCAHPS is a patient satisfaction survey that’s required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
VMware solutions for the entire healthcare ecosystem
VMware’s solutions help you get the conversation started in healthcare. For example:
- VMware vSphere 6.7 enables a healthcare organization to become more agile in their data center infrastructure.
- VMware VSAN ensures storage availability and resiliency.
- VMware Workspace ONE delivers apps and desktops to any device, anywhere, with Single Sign-On capabilities.
- VMware NSX drives cloud adoption while ensuring trust and security.
Ingram Micro can help
Ingram Micro has a range of resources and expertise to help you succeed in the healthcare space, from our dedicated healthcare practice, Healthcare Advantage, to dedicated field sales and technical resources.
Sign up, earn points, go to Hawaii
Want to earn points for a chance to win a trip to Hawaii? Sign up for the VMware and Ingram Micro partner loyalty program today.
For more information about the healthcare market and where you can identify opportunities, visit VMware’s Partner Central or contact a VMware and Ingram Micro market development specialist today:
(800) 456-8000, ext. 76488