When it comes to next-generation cloud computing, virtualization and storage solutions, VMware and Dell are two of the most highly regarded choices. Combined, the two companies offer a variety of solutions that can address nearly any challenge your customers present. Here are just three examples of how Dell can complement your VMware solutions.
1. vSphere 7 rocks on Dell Gen 15 PowerEdge servers
With vSphere 6.5 reaching end of life in November 2021, your customers might need a server refresh to get onto vSphere 7. Use the vSphere assessment tool to provide insights into critical workloads that may be at risk from out-of-support vSphere versions and avoid hardware challenges when performing a vSphere upgrade. If a server upgrade is in order, consider the latest generation PowerEdge servers powered by AMD EPYC processors, which were released late last year. These powerful servers offer better performance than the previous generation and might give you the ability to do some consolidation.
2. Create additional site recovery options with Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery
You can never have too much protection for your data, and the same goes for your customers. While VMware offers several solutions designed to protect your data, adding Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery might provide the enhanced security your customers need.
PowerProtect Cyber Recovery protects and isolates critical data from ransomware and other sophisticated threats by creating a vaulted copy of mission-critical data. There are a few key benefits worth highlighting:
3. Leverage the new Dell EMC PowerStore
- A “golden” copy of data is sent to an offline data vault each night.
- Dell Technologies is the only fully automated air-gap solution on the market.
- The immutable copy of critical data is untraceable.
- Dell Technologies security analytics capabilities allow for data in the vault to be analyzed in a secure environment while the data is offline.
- Machine learning identifies suspicious activity and allows you to recover known good data and resume normal business operations with confidence.
Dell EMC PowerStore scalable all-flash storage is a next-generation storage product that provides customers with unprecedented business flexibility and agility with a data-centric, intelligent and adaptable platform. It delivers a state-of-the-art SAN/NAS and the PowerStore X model enables customers to deploy applications directly on the appliance.
PowerStore’s single architecture for block, file and VMware vVols leverages the latest technologies to support an enterprise-class variety of traditional and modern workloads—from relational databases, to ERP and EMR apps, cloud-native applications, and file-based workloads such as content repositories and home directories.
In addition, when PowerStoreOS runs on a VM, administrators can also access the hypervisor to deploy applications directly on the appliance, using the same VMware tools and methods they use with external hosts. This capability, known as AppsON, is ideal for data-intensive workloads in core or edge locations where infrastructure simplicity and density is required.
To learn how to bring the best of VMware and Dell solutions to your customers, contact the appropriate VMware market development executive for your territory: