VMware Cloud on AWS is an on-demand service that lets you run applications across vSphere-based cloud environments with access to a range of Amazon Web Services (AWS). With the same architecture and operational experience on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can quickly realize instant business value from using the AWS and VMware hybrid cloud experience. Below are six use cases for VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Cloud migration: Rapidly and easily migrate vSphere-based workloads to the cloud. Reduce the risk and cost of cloud migrations compared to alternatives that require conversions or re-architecture. And leverage familiar VMware tools and skillsets to accelerate cloud migrations. Once in the cloud, you can use VMware and AWS services to modernize your applications at your pace.
- Application migration: Extend on-premises data centers and easily migrate targeted application workloads to VMware Cloud on AWS without conversions. Obtain bi-directional workload portability between on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS. And modernize your applications through optimized access to native AWS services.
- Footprint expansion: Do you have new projects? Or do you want to expand into a new geography? Easily extend your footprint into the cloud and get VMware-consistent, enterprise-grade environments in the AWS cloud in a fast and cost-effective way.
- On-demand capacity: Get VMware SDDC capacity in the AWS Cloud in minutes whenever your business needs to meet temporary, seasonal or unplanned demand. Take advantage of elastic capacity and usage-based economics of VMware Cloud on AWS by seamlessly moving your live applications into an environment that’s operationally consistent with your VMware data center.
- New application development and test: Deliver VMware SDDC-consistent dev/test environments that can integrate with modern CI/CD automation tools. Access native AWS services seamlessly for new app development.
- Disaster recovery as a service with VMware Site Recovery: Easily deliver business continuity with VMware Site Recovery, an on-demand disaster recovery as a service, optimized for VMware Cloud on AWS. Accelerate time-to-protection, simplify disaster recovery operations and reduce secondary site costs with cloud economics while providing a secondary site that’s operationally consistent with your VMware data center.
VMware Cloud on AWS partner program
VMware has expanded the VMware Partner Network program to help you get the most out of the VMware and AWS relationship. Want to learn more? Register for one of the VMware Cloud on AWS partner offerings webinars, hosted every other Friday, from April 27-June 8, 2018.
Sign up, earn points, go to Hawaii
Want to earn points for a chance to win a trip to Hawaii? Sign up for the VMware and Ingram Micro partner loyalty program today.
Contact a VMware and Ingram Micro market development specialist today:
(800) 456-8000, ext. 76488