Isn’t it peculiar how history has a habit of repeating itself? Those who worked with servers in the 90s and early 2000s remember the inefficiency of most data centers, particularly when it came to wasted computing power.
The emergence of vSphere changed all that. Finally, administrators could harness virtualization solutions that condensed multiple servers into one, allowing organizations to recoup costs and gain efficiencies by removing redundant hardware.
Fast forward to today and administrators are again faced with inefficiencies—this time in a virtualized environment. Organizations with thousands or even hundreds of virtual machines find it difficult to manage sprawl while hosts and memory are wasted and poorly utilized. Let’s face it—planning, optimizing and scaling hybrid cloud, HCI and traditional data center deployments is extremely complicated.
5 ways vRealize Operations makes virtualized environments more efficient
If you or your customers are in this situation, assistance is available. vRealize Operations leverages AI to give administrators a nearly hands-off approach to management. Here are just a few ways the solution can help:
- Continuous performance optimization—Assure application performance at minimal cost, driven by operational and business intent with real-time ML-based predictive analytics driving actions to automatically balance workloads and proactively avoid contention.
- Integrated compliance—Reduce risk and enforce IT and regulatory standards with integrated compliance and automated drift remediation.
- Flexible deployment options—vRealize Operations offers multiple deployment options to support business innovation.
- Capacity and cost management and planning—Reduce cost and improve efficiency with real-time ML-based capacity analytics correlated with cost analytics, improving utilization and consolidation while proactively planning for the future.
- Intelligent remediation—Predict, prevent and troubleshoot faster with actionable insights correlating metrics and logs. Streamline and centralize IT operations with native SDDC integrations, multi-cloud monitoring and a highly scalable and extensible platform.
In the end, vRealize Operations will once again allow your customers to recoup lost costs and gain efficiencies in their data centers.
Start with an assessment
One way to introduce your customers to this powerful solution is via an assessment. VMware offers vSphere Optimization Assessment (VOA), powered by vRealize Operations, which delivers visibility into capacity, performance and configuration across multi-cloud environments. You can use this free tool to generate a series of analytic reports that assess the configuration, performance, capacity and cost of events of a virtualized environment.
Some solution providers offer these assessments as a value-add to their customers, while some charge a fee. Others charge a fee that will be waived if the customer purchases a service. Regardless of how you take the assessments to market, they’re a great way to highlight inefficiencies and build a case for vRealize Operations.
vRealize Operations is available in Standard, Advanced and Enterprise editions. For more information on how you can help your customers recoup costs and gain efficiencies, please contact the appropriate VMware Market Development Executive for your territory:
• Justin Gawronski
— VMware MDE East
• Dan Eyrick
— VMware MDE Central
• Guru Padukone
— VMware MDE West