Regardless of the markets on which you focus, your customers look to you and your solutions to remain competitive and well-positioned to deal with unknown challenges and opportunities. It’s generally accepted that to address today’s dynamic market, data centers must move toward a cloud operating model to take advantage of speed, agility and cost advantages. For many companies, the first step is to adopt hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI), which extends the benefits of the cloud to storage, thus increasing agility, future-proofing infrastructure and lowering costs.
What is hyperconverged infrastructure?
According to VMware, HCI is a software-defined, unified system that combines all the elements of a traditional data center: storage, compute, networking and management. While traditional three-tier architecture is expensive to build, complex to operate and difficult to scale, an HCI solution uses software and x86 servers to replace costly, purpose-built hardware. With hyperconverged infrastructure, your customers can decrease data center complexity and increase scalability without losing control, increasing costs or compromising security.
Of course, not all hyperconverged infrastructure is equal. VMware’s HCI solution achieves unequaled levels of power and convenience, thanks to vSAN.
What is VMware vSAN?
vSAN is an enterprise-class, storage virtualization software that allows you to manage compute and storage with a single platform. With vSAN, you can help your customers reduce the cost and complexity of traditional storage and take the easiest path to HCI and hybrid cloud. Simply, HCI with VMware vSAN allows organizations to improve business agility, all while speeding operations and lowering costs.
5 reasons to choose vSAN for hyperconverged infrastructure
If you still aren’t sold on the power of HCI via vSAN
, VMware shares the following benefits:
- Hypervisor integration—Organizations can enjoy scalable, high-performance and secure infrastructure with the only vSphere-integrated storage virtualization software.
- Power traditional and cloud-native applications—Manage both virtual machine and container applications seamlessly, and benefit from integration with leading container orchestrators such as Kubernetes.
- Simplified operations—Easily roll out new infrastructure and applications with minimal training.
- Lower costs—Achieve better price per performance by supporting the latest storage technology on industry-standard servers.
- Private cloud and hybrid cloud ready—Use HCI anywhere with the industry’s broadest ecosystem of OEM server vendors and native services including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, IBM Cloud and Alibaba Cloud.
In summary, VMware’s research shows that vSAN adopters have seen the TCO for storage go down by an average of 40% while spending less time on storage operations. A recent Forrester study found that over five years, vSAN provided a 259% return on investment.
For information on how you can bring the power of hyperconvergence through VMware vSAN to your customers, please contact the appropriate VMware market development executive for your territory: