Thanks to tech innovation, advances in the cloud and the introduction of exciting new services, organizations today can leverage a software-defined approach to business and IT to experience powerful digital transformations.
However, there can be a lot of complexity to such an undertaking, especially when you consider different cloud environments, the ever-rising need for security and the importance of giving end users the apps they need when and where they need them.
Luckily, there are tools available to help you. Here’s how VMware can help your customers succeed in their digital transformations.
- Modernizing the data center and integrating public clouds—What works for your customers today might not in the future, so it’s important they can easily build, migrate to, and manage hybrid and multi-cloud solutions. With VMware, it’s possible to manage on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure the same way, live migrate workloads between locations, and have apps and virtual machines function without the need for reconfiguring.
Additionally, if your customers aren’t already running cloud-native apps based on microservices and containers, they soon will be. Whether the apps live on-premises or in the cloud, they need a unified platform for development, deployment and operations. VMware Cloud delivers that platform with products and services that run in your own infrastructure or as cloud-native services.
- Transforming the network and security—Security should be a top concern for any organization. By implementing networking and security in a hardened software layer, your customers can configure their networks and enforce security policies at the lowest level of their software stack. VMware offers a few solutions to help. Some examples include:
- VMware NSX enables micro-segmentation, which defines and enforces network security policies consistently, on any workload hosted anywhere. This makes NSX ideal for securing intra-data center network traffic, isolating disparate networks, and simplifying networks that would otherwise require complex access policies. Invisible to users, this keeps potential security threats out of sight and out of mind.
- VMware AppDefense is a data center endpoint security product that protects applications running in virtualized environments. Unlike other security products, AppDefense understands an application’s “known good state” and monitors it for odd behavior that indicates a threat. When a threat is detected, AppDefense automatically notifies the right parties so it can be quickly addressed.
- Empowering digital workspaces—Multiple generations in the workforce means different working styles and expectations concerning technology. At the same time, admins need help quickly deploying and managing devices, regardless of where they’re being used. To address these needs, VMware has created Workspace ONE, which provides a few important benefits.
- It supports any use case, including rugged devices, peripherals, IoT and customer specific
- It provides a unified admin experience
- It offers insights, intelligence and automation to improve the overall system performance
- It has an open ecosystem that supports integrations with other major components
- It has a scalable and flexible architecture that easily grows with your customers.
It’s not a question of if your customers will pursue a digital transformation, it’s a question of when and how much assistance you’ll be able to provide. To learn more about VMware’s suite of solutions and begin accelerating, empowering and transforming your customers, please contact the appropriate VMware Market Development Executive for your territory:
• Justin Gawronski—VMware MDE East—Justin.Gawronski@ingrammicro.com
• Dan Eyrick—VMware MDE Central—Daniel.Eyrick@ingrammicro.com
• Guru Padukone—VMware MDE West—Guru.Padukone@ingrammicro.com