Companies are always looking for ways to improve efficiency. That’s why many businesses today are embracing workstream collaboration, an emerging trend in UCC that’s proving very effective at boosting worker productivity. Gartner predicts that by the end of 2022
, 70% of work teams will rely on workstream collaboration as the primary means of communicating, coordinating and information sharing.
What is workstream collaboration?
is a form of UCC that combines messaging, notifications, files, bots, tools and team members in a private and searchable digital workspace—a consistent shared space where teams can do their work in a transparent and efficient manner. By bringing all business conversations and content into one centralized portal, it eliminates the fragmented experience of relying on email and messaging for communication and collaboration.
Workstream collaboration offers the following benefits:
- Integration with backend systems such as workforce optimization, staffing, and warehouse and inventory—Work teams can leverage data or functions housed in other apps and use data from business and legacy apps like SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Marketo, Asana, ServiceNow and others.
- Team members have the ability to see and respond to urgent information in real time.
- Having a single touchpoint for all interactions saves time and effort.
Workstream collaboration is ideally suited to various work scenarios:
- Conversation-driven work—Team members no longer have to piece together conversations between email, text messaging, phone calls and video chats.
- Crisis management or rapid response—Crisis teams have all the communication tools they need and the most up-to-date data at their fingertips so they can respond to incidents quickly and in a coordinated fashion.
- Cross-departmental work—When work teams from different parts of a company need to share expertise and complete deliverables collectively, workstream collaboration eliminates the information gaps that can hamper the success of projects.
If you have customers who could benefit from workstream collaboration and would like to learn more, contact our UCC expert, Chad Simon at email@example.com
. You’ll see why it’s a smarter way to work moving forward.