Late last year, Microsoft released new Azure Government capabilities for classified, mission-critical workloads. Then, earlier this year, Microsoft 365 brought the cloud to U.S. government environments to empower employees to be creative and work together securely. Learn more about these new options designed for government agencies.
5 new Azure Government capabilities
Microsoft also partnered with the U.S. government to deliver new Azure Government capabilities for classified, mission-critical workloads. Leveraging the cloud, Azure Government gives federal, state and local agencies the highest compliance security, hybrid flexibility and commercial-grade solutions to keep data safe. New Azure Government capabilities include:
- Expanded high-performance computing (HPC)—Microsoft extended its existing public sector HPC offerings, including the NC-series and Azure Batch, to include the H-series virtual machines to provide leading performance for complex engineering and scientific workloads.
- New virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) options—Microsoft is providing new options to support VDI requirements to meet the public sector mandate to increase efficiency and manage fewer data centers.
- Azure Government Secret—It's the first government-only cloud to receive the Information Impact Level DoD Provisional Authorization by the Defense Information Systems Agency. And Microsoft's the only cloud provider that offers a physically isolated cloud that's DoD Impact Level 5-ready. It supports government agencies and partners who possess classified data and includes advanced analytics and intelligent detection to counter growing and evolving threats.
- Blockchain for Azure Government—Helping government agencies increase their efforts to protect highly sensitive data and systems, Blockchain for Azure Government can help transform processes and services like licensing, voting records, utilities, benefits management and more. Blockchain for Azure Government will support Microsoft’s public Azure blockchain and distributed ledger marketplace solutions.
- Azure Security Center—Addressing the unique needs of government agencies to protect highly sensitive data and systems and address the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape, Azure Security Center delivers unified security management and advanced threat protection for hybrid cloud workloads.
New Microsoft 365 for U.S. Government
In addition to offering the Microsoft 365 subscription service for all Microsoft U.S. government environments, Microsoft 365 for U.S. Government includes increased security features to address increasing security threats and the needs of an increasingly mobile workforce. It incorporates the best of Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) into one cloud solution, in addition to Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Planner, PowerApps and Microsoft Flow. It promises to adhere to the highest standards of privacy, security and regulatory compliance—protecting government agency employees and U.S. citizens.
To learn more about Microsoft’s suite of 365 solutions for government, visit ingrammicrocloud.com. To learn more about Microsoft Azure, visit Ingrammicrocloud.com.