Delivering top-notch support for the SLED industry requires that you navigate a lot of things right now—including industrywide shipping delays, ever-changing contract awards and hectic allocation of funding for the SLED market.
Do you serve state and local government agencies and education customers? We’ve got seven tips to keep you in the driver’s seat:
1. Stay on top of contract opportunities and awards.
Contract awards are always expiring, being updated and renewed. Knowing where contract opportunities exist will be key as resellers continue to forge ahead and lock down sales in the current fiscal year. Here are a few current SLED government opportunities (but connect with Ingram Micro public sector team to learn more):
- Department of Information Resources (DIR) – 347 reseller contracts will expire in Q3 2021; another 55 contracts expire in Q1 2022
- National Association of State Procurement Officers (NASPO) – 111 reseller contracts will expire in 2021; another 299 contracts expire in 2022
- State Contracts – 579 reseller contracts across 24 states will expire in 2021; another 307 contracts expire in 2022
There are several third-party services (like e.Republic and iGov Technologies) that can keep you informed about contract awards. Better yet, ask the Ingram Micro public sector team—they’re happy to share about upcoming contract awards and state contracts up for recompete.
2. Get familiar with American Rescue Plan (ARP) initiatives.
Learn how those ARP initiatives and funding opportunities align with efforts in your cities, counties and school districts. Some of those technical drivers include:
3. Be knowledgeable and proactive with SLED funding alternatives.
- For education: Initiatives that support student-defined learning experiences, including hardware devices, infrastructure to keep those devices connected and the ability to support e-learning.
- For state and local governments: Initiatives that support secure data protection, cloud migration and digitized constituent services.
Resellers who are proactive and up to speed on funding options will have a better chance of standing out and getting ahead in the SLED market. By helping SLED government customers apply for additional funding, you can help secure more deals.
At Ingram Micro, we’re doing plenty to support you and your SLED customers during these challenging times. We’re extending $100 million in additional credit to our channel partners. We’re also helping you provide customers longer payment terms with our Flexible Payment Solutions
—up to 60 months for select technology. Learn more about all of our financial services
4. Bring in technical resources to close deals
. Ingram Micro offers technical specialists across multiple platforms, including security, storage, networking, category specialists and manufacturing specialists. Leveraging Ingram Micro’s vast technology resources, expertise and relationships makes it easier to address SLED customers’ complex IT challenges. Learn more
5. Utilize expert deployment services to complete projects timely.
Ingram Micro Deployment Services helps solve some of your most challenging problems—the lack of cost-effective on-demand resources for national or regional rollout projects—including cabling site surveys, digital signage, software migrations and payment terminals.
Using our nationwide network of technicians, we can help respond to your customer’s project requirements regardless of skill set, location, platform, manufacturer or industry. We can provide a scalable, rapidly deployable workforce at multiple locations with a single point of contact for project management. We’ll assemble a qualified team of experts to fit your project requirements and timeline to ensure the highest level of execution and support services.
6. Count on Ingram Micro public sector experts for market guidance.
Ingram Micro’s sales specialists and SLED subject matter experts know the SLED market, understand the trends and point you to lucrative opportunities.
7. Leverage our complete SLED line card.
Ingram Micro’s portfolio is one of the broadest and most diverse in the business—there’s no need to purchase different solutions from different distributors. In reality, Ingram Micro solutions can be easier and more effective when your purchasing spans across more categories of spend.
For more tips and ways we can support your SLED business, reach out to the Ingram Micro public sector team today.