The federal buying season is here—but will end soon on Sept. 30. For federal partners, now’s an excellent time to rake in big sales. Yet juggling the massive amount of work isn’t always easy.
Ingram Micro can help you sail through federal year-end with six tips to streamline business and maximize sales.
1. Investigate current promotions and discounts.
Connect with Ingram Micro’s market development team early in the season to learn about all current product promotions affecting your federal deals. Ask about vendor-specific programs and discounts to support federal buying season and potential increases of product stock.
In addition, reach out to vendors that will likely support your federal deals, and make sure those lines of communication are open. Don’t forget to ask about product lead times and expectations for order status so you can be as prepared as possible.
2. Remember, communication is key.
Prep the Ingram Micro sales team on your expectations for quoting lead times, order status and tracking. They don’t know what you need or how they can support you until you tell them. Inform them about the projects you’re bidding on, and establish timeframes for quick responses.
Ingram Micro public sector team extended hours:
3. Bring the right information to your conversations.
- Sept. 16–20, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
- Sept. 23–26, 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET
- Sept. 27, 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET
- Sept. 28 (Saturday), 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET
- Sept. 30, 8:30 a.m. to midnight ET
When talking to Ingram Micro sales and market development teams, be prepared by having essential information handy. That includes answers to these questions:
4. Think creatively about finance.
- What stage is the opportunity?
- What is the anticipated turnaround time?
- When will the opportunity close?
- Is the opportunity coming from a general bid board or an established federal contract (e.g., SEWP, NETCENTS)?
- Do you need any financing to support the opportunity?
Before the buying season hits full force, it’s smart to connect with the Ingram Micro finance team to ensure that all your account information and terms are accurate and up to date. Meanwhile, ask the team about creative financing options, seasonal credit lines to support an increase in business and any new programs for federal partners.
For example, Ingram Micro offers two new solutions to help you go after larger opportunities:
- Direct Express Complete is a full-service financial solution that lets you assign end-user risk and payment directly to Ingram Micro.
- The Federal Escrow program increases your buying power and enables you to pursue bids you may have overlooked in the past due to credit restraints.
For more information, reach out to the finance team
5. Review the Promark line card (even if you think you know what’s on it).
If it’s been awhile since you examined Promark’s vendor list, it’s time to take a closer look. Recently, we added several new vendors to the lineup, including APC, Brother, Western Digital, Zebra and Zoom. View the entire Promark line card here
. Then, keep your eyes and ears open for opportunities to promote and leverage these solutions with your government customers.
6. Take advantage of the GSA desk—and its extended hours.
Ingram Micro’s GSA desk is a centralized resource that can answer any of your questions about Ingram Micro/Promark’s GSA schedule 70. Reach the team
or learn more about Promark/GSA offerings and download
Ask your Ingram Micro team member about the GSA desk’s extended hours to support year-end.