When discussing the concept of customer experience and how technology plays an integral role in its creation, we’re often talking about the retail or restaurant verticals. However, there’s just as much interest in creating positive experiences within other markets—especially transportation.
Not unlike other customer-facing industries, transportation companies are incredibly interested in leveraging technologies that can help reduce costs, increase efficiencies and improve experiences. Take, for instance, pro AV. Signage solutions, video walls, kiosks and more can be used in a variety of impactful applications within transportation. Consider the following five use cases:
- Wayfinding—Tourists and other travelers often need assistance in making use of available transportation to get to their final destinations. Wayfinding solutions in the form of interactive maps and kiosks can show travelers which bus and rail lines travel where, when they arrive, depart and more.
- Ticketing kiosks—No one likes waiting in line to buy a ticket or pass. By using self-service ticketing kiosks, transportation companies can increase efficiencies, keep lines short and improve the overall customer experience.
- Advertising—Digital advertising is all about delivering targeted ads to a defined audience. By placing signage solutions strategically within terminals and on buses or rail cars, and then using CMS tools to drive targeted ads, advertisers will enjoy effective marketing campaigns. At the same time, travelers see ads that are dynamic and engaging.
- Dynamic messaging—By integrating data such as the current weather forecast and the GPS location of travelers with digital signage solutions, it’s possible to display messaging or advertising relevant to a traveler’s most current position. For example, subway passengers about to offboard can be warned that it’s raining at street level. GPS can be used to create zones on a map. When the travelers enter those zones, targeted messaging plays on the signage.
- General messaging—While this is the most basic application, it’s widely relevant—especially today. With priorities placed on social distancing and wearing face masks, signage can be used to display COVID-19 safety reminders to the public. Traditional applications include using signage solutions to deliver announcements, arrival and departure times, and security alerts to travelers. This signage can be mounted in rail cars, inside taxis and within the terminals.
In all these examples, pro AV is used to establish a more positive experience for travelers.
Solutions like those above require the integration of hardware and software, implementing CMS, installing a secure WAN and more. While there’s a higher level of complexity in bringing this all together, the rewards (i.e., revenue potential) are equally as high. If you’re a pro AV solution provider looking for new opportunities, this market is primed for your solutions. If you’re already in transportation but aren’t currently offering pro AV, you could be missing out on a huge opportunity.
In either case, help is available. Ingram Micro offers a complimentary design service
to help you win more pro AV business. The six-step process is designed to get you the help you need quickly and, as mentioned, has no cost to Ingram Micro partners. For more information on the design service or the transportation opportunity, contact Tom Jones
, Ingram Micro’s pro AV expert.
VIEW VIRTUAL EVENTS