As a $3 billion-a-year industry, the U.S. pro AV market is holding strong. Year after year, growth is spurred by new innovations and exciting trends. To stay on top of the market, solution providers should get to know the brands leading the industry in audio video systems.
Even if you’re new to the industry, becoming familiar with the leading brands will help you to branch into the pro AV market quickly and effectively, and make it a productive part of your business.
Here are the 19 brands leading the pro AV industry, broken down by product type:
Digital displays come in many shapes and sizes, and at nearly every price point. Today, the market incudes LED, LCD and touchscreen displays.
Samsung has long been a leader in display technology. Several of their product lines are worth keeping in mind:
- Pro TV: A stunning Pro TV offering 4K and easily customizable content
- Direct view LED video walls: An eye-catching large-scale viewing experience
- 4K UHD displays: Head-turning visual impact and fine detail
- 8K QLED displays: 8K displays with true-to-life detail
- Outdoor and window-facing signage: Built to weather the storm and shine in any light
- LCD video walls: Create beautiful, virtually seamless video walls
- Interactive and touch displays: Simple, effective touch interactions for any environment
- Full HD displays: Professional image quality and commercial reliability
offers extremely high-quality display technology, including:
- Indoor direct view LED signage: LG has a full lineup of DVLED displays for indoor use. You can select the right pixel pitch and brightness for your customers, with the ability to curve direct view LED indoor displays.
- Outdoor direct view LED signage: With a wide range of models and case designs, LG’s outdoor applications include stadiums, large scale advertising and public displays.
- Transparent Color LED Film: New LG Transparent Color LED Film gives virtually any glass or window surface a pop of color. This self-adhesive film can be used on glass displays, glass walls and railings and virtually any other place there is glass in an indoor environment.
- Open frame curvable OLED display: LG’s curvable open frame OLEDs give you the flexibility to create amazing digital displays, supporting concave and convex curvatures in portrait and landscape orientations.
- LED backlit displays: LG’s LED backlit display monitors offer a variety of features designed to match the unique demands of any environment.
- Stretched displays
- Touchscreen displays
Sharp NEC solutions are designed to address the everyday challenges businesses face, offering flexibility, scalability, ease of use and a clean, streamlined installation. With applications in corporate conference rooms and lobbies, retail, education and more, Sharp NEC’s turnkey solutions combine the best in display technology with expert design and installation services.
Elo Touch Solutions offers professional-grade LCDs, touchscreens and other interactive displays.
For challenging lighting conditions and outdoor use, try the following brands:
DynaScan offers LCDs with brightness ratings as high as 5500 nits, making them the ideal solution for outdoor enclosures, semi-outdoor and window-facing applications.
Customers who require a more cost-effective solution often simply require a projector system, especially if they need to display relatively simple text or video.
Epson makes projectors that are right-sized for education, corporate and small business environments and include portable options.
Optoma USA is a leading supplier of DLP projectors for business, education, entertainment and mobile deployments.
BenQ is a manufacturer of visual display solutions, including professional-grade projectors and portable projectors.
Barco offers DLP business projectors, rugged large venue projectors, laser-illuminated and lamp-based cinema projectors, simulation projectors, and 3D stereoscopic projectors.
AKG, which has manufactured high-quality microphones since 1947, is a top brand. AKG offers microphones that are well suited to professional sound recording, TV studio broadcasts, home recordings, videoconferencing and more.
Shure offers a variety of microphones for the corporate setting, including ceiling array, table array, wireless and more.
In a pro AV solution, speakers will relay audio for videoconferencing sessions, broadcast video and other content.
JBL manufactures professional-grade speakers. JBL Control Series speakers are especially well suited for pro AV installations and include ceiling, in-wall, surface-mount and pendant speakers. For projects that need even more flexibility, such as houses of worship and festivals, the JBL EON Series includes portable speakers.
Bose is a leader in professional-grade speakers. Its L1 series portable speakers are housed in a line array, making them perfect for tight spaces. Bose’s environmental speakers withstand harsh outdoor elements while delivering a high level of sound quality in wide listening areas.
Peerless-AV is a leader in the industry, offering high-quality mounts for flat-panel TVs and projectors, as well as carts, stands, wireless AV devices, kiosks, and outdoor TVs and displays.
Chief has been a manufacturer of display mounts for more than 30 years. The company also offers projector and monitor mounts, carts and stands, and other mounting options.
Ergotron is a manufacturer of wall mounts, monitor arms and stands, standing desks, multi-display mounts and more.
Belkin, C2G (Cables To Go) and Black Box offer a wide range of high-quality digital cables for everything from networking to entertainment systems, designed to offer plug-and-play installation and reliable operation for years to come.
What are your go-to audio video system brands for each pro AV product category? Do you tend to stick with the same manufacturers for each new deployment, or look for something new?