As the volume of global data continues to rise exponentially, the world’s cloud infrastructures, where much of that data will reside, must either adapt or be overwhelmed. Traditional memory and storage architectures often prove too limited in capacity or performance for conventional real-time data demands.
Intel Optane persistent memory and Intel Optane SSDs help address the performance and capacity gap that exists between DRAM and NAND storage. By combining groundbreaking Intel Optane technology media with new software, users can employ various configuration modes to achieve a range of benefits, including:
- Massively expanded total system memory capacities
- High virtual machine (VM) density, enabling more VMs per server and/or total server count consolidation
- High-application performance partially due to less need for disk swapping
- New tiering possibilities from responsive storage
- Persistent memory for remarkably fast system recovery
Read this selection guide to learn more on how Intel Optane persistent memory and Intel Optane SSDs provide an affordable, reliable solution for enabling data center and cloud applications with the capacity and performance needed to accommodate the coming generation of data demands.