At this year’s Ingram Micro ONE Experience, Ingram Micro partners came together in a first-of-its-kind virtual event. John Maxwell, senior director of storage, platforms and solutions for Dell, led a breakout session focused on the essential role storage technology plays in digital transformation. Here are some highlights from his presentation:
The midrange storage market represents an $18 billion opportunity for the IT channel and 64% of the $28 billion “external storage” industry, according to research from Dell Technologies.
Dell’s PowerStore next-generation storage appliance was built to help partners capitalize on this lucrative opportunity. Here are the top 10 reasons you should consider PowerStore for your customers’ midrange storage needs:
- Redefined midrange. This new offering is built from the ground up, a feat that no other company has done in years.
- Scale up, scale out. Another first for Dell, the PowerStore offers true scale up and scale out through its networking capabilities.
- Superior performance: NVMe/SCM. In several tests, Dell has seen superior performance in its non-volatile memory express (NVMe) storage class memory (SCM) compared to competitive offerings.
- Any workload. PowerStore’s data-centric design and unified architecture makes it performance-optimized for any workload.
- Flexible container-based architecture. The use of containers offers a lightweight module within the software, providing isolation to each software module within the stack.
- Anytime Upgrades. This new feature gives customers the freedom to enhance their infrastructure on their terms.
- 4:1 DRR. In more than 260 installs, Dell is seeing better than a 4:1 data reduction ratio (DRR).
- AI/ML autonomy and automation. PowerStore can detect issues such as hot storage groups and make recommendations and reallocate resources if necessary.
- VMs run on array. AppsON capability is the only way VMware virtualized workloads and software applications can run directly on a purpose-built array for faster access to data and quicker response times.
- 7x faster, 3x less latency. Dell EMC PowerStore is up to seven times faster and three times more responsive than previous Dell EMC midrange storage arrays.
If you missed this session, it's not too late—view it on demand