One of the biggest dilemmas IT infrastructure VARs and systems integrators face is determining how much inventory to keep on hand — especially with regard to servers, which typically take several weeks to receive after an order is placed. If a customer experiences a server failure and needs a replacement, it can put a lot of stress on the solution provider if it doesn’t have one in stock.
Ingram Micro helps partners alleviate this burden. As an authorized build-to-order (BTO) distributor for Cisco’s Unified Computing Systems (UCS) servers, Ingram Micro is able to stock, build, test, and ship Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series servers to its partners or their end customers.
One of the keys to the quick turnaround is that the server chassis do not contain processors or memory, which gives partners the flexibility to build any configuration from the inventory Ingram Micro has on hand. The end result is a delivery time of three to five business days instead of the usual several weeks for direct ship.
Additional Cisco UCS BTO Server benefits available to Ingram Micro partners, includes:
- Competitive premium price structure applied to all BTO opportunities
- Ability to configure and pre-test UCS B- and C-series servers from Ingram Micro inventory
- No separate integration fees
- Ability to procure any configuration from Ingram Micro stock rather than direct ship
- Advanced Integration opportunities through our Millington, TN facility
- Integrated Cisco UC applications on UCS
- Ingram Micro-built EMC VSPEX solutions
- Cisco Integrated Data Center Ecosystem opportunities.
Ingram Micro is the largest and most integrated data center distributor in the world, with more than 300 individuals supporting Cisco and its Data Center Ecosystem partners in the U.S. It’s also a true global distributor, with customers in 150 countries serviced by 100 distribution centers spanning Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America and broadly reaching throughout Asia Pacific.
For more information on Cisco UCS BTO services, please contact:
Kevin Besecker, Channel Account Specialist: (800) 456-8000, ext. 66665 or email@example.com
Or, Matt Marcklinger, Technical Account Manager: 800) 456-8000, ext. 66077 firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, don’t forget that the Ingram Micro pre-sales technical support team is always available to you:
(800) 445-5066, ext. 24041, option 4.
Learn more about Cisco BTO and other Cisco and Ingram Micro offerings by visiting our Cisco Showcase on IngramMicro.com.