Cisco data center partners know all about SmartPlays, the preconfigured bundled offers with steep list price discounts that allow for easy configuration and competitive price positioning. Cisco is sweetening the pot on this fundamental program, allowing for more flexibility, scalability, and yes, even pricing.
SmartPlay Select breaks the architecture into several “building blocks”, where a partner can assess the end user business need and build a totally customized solution leveraging a preconfigured bundle. Historically, a SmartPlay bundle may of included one chassis, two fabric interconnects, and two blade servers. If that particular configuration didn’t perfectly fit the end user need, the bundle would be broken apart and need to be quoted a la carte. With this new change, a partner can mix and match fully-configured components to create the perfect solution for their client. For example, choose one chassis from a list of three options, two fabric interconnects from a list of three options, and mix and match the preconfigured blade servers from a list of twelve options.
- “Building Blocks” include B-Series Blades (12 choices), C-Series Rack Servers (11 choices), Chassis (3 choices), Fabric Interconnects (3 choices), and Cisco One Enterprise Cloud – there are also memory upgrade options for both blade and rack servers
- SmartPlay Select features higher quantity limits
- Increased discounts on New Account Breakaway (68% off list vs. 64% for SmatPlay 8)
- Eligible for OIP and TIP (65% off list vs. 61% standard discount for SmartPlay 8)
- Now eligible for Try and Buy
We are really excited to see these changes and are anxious to start working with the partner community on positioning SmartPlay Select. Our best-in-class technical support team are ready to consult with your team to assess the business need of your client, and create a solution leveraging these new preconfigured bundles. Of course, we also have you covered with any concerns regarding certifications, training, and demos of the latest Cisco technology. Please reach out today with any questions, configuration assistance, or the partner webinar invite on April 16!
Click here for more details on SmartPlay Select from Cisco.
Channel Account Specialist II
DCUCAM, DCNSS, VMSP
Cisco Data Center – Cisco Business Unit
Ingram Micro Inc.
1759 Wehrle Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221
Direct 716-633-3600 x67117