As 2018 comes to a close, it’s a good time to reflect, take stock of the past year and set goals for a successful 2019. If you’re looking to grow your business with Cisco and Ingram Micro next year, you came to the right place. We have lots of free and low-cost programs, trainings and services to help your business. Here are some top considerations to add to your New Year’s resolutions:
- Pursue new Cisco certifications. Obtaining a Cisco certification via the Express Specialization program is a great way to differentiate yourself from the competition. The program comprises the following five tracks:
- Network Express
- Collaboration Express
- Security Express
- Data Center Express
- Service Provider Express
To obtain a specialization, two individuals from a partner’s organization must pass the associated online exam (700-901
), which is targeted at technical sales functions and assumes an understanding of the fundamentals. There aren’t any additional certification requirements (e.g., CCNA) for taking the exam, and the training is well within reach of many technical sellers in a partner organization.
Ingram Micro offers a variety of resources to help partners get certified, such as Meraki 360 Kickstart, a hands-on instructor-led online training that helps partners prepare for the exam at no cost. Meraki 360 is a half-day training program designed to get Meraki partner sales engineers (SEs) up to speed on Cisco Meraki. SEs learn how to configure and sell the full end-to-end solution, including security, switching, wireless and mobile device management (MDM).
Learn from Ingram Micro’s Meraki-certified instructors in a hands-on lab format, while you configure and test real devices. To get more information and sign up for our next Meraki 360 Kickstart training, click here
Partners who want to learn more about Cisco Express Specialization should contact the Cisco MD in their territory: Northeast, South, Central or West.
- Maximize your certification with VIP enrollment. In addition to showing your customers that you have expertise in Cisco technologies, architectures and solutions, Cisco rewards partners pursuing specializations (and certifications) through its VIP (Value-Incentive Program). The program adds back-end rebates for Cisco ONE, DNA (Digital Network Architecture) Advantage, Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) and Cisco Stealthwatch deals, and partners are incented for adoption, expansion and renewal on the software subscriptions that complement Cisco hardware sales. Click here to learn more.
- Build recurring revenue with CCW-R. Selling services and managing them are often two different experiences. Partners have traditionally faced many challenges when renewing services and software, including complex quoting processes, lengthy error resolution processes, long offline processing times and multiple platform interactions, just to name a few. The results are often a disjointed and complicated user experience. The solution to these challenges is Cisco Commerce Workspace Renewals (CCW-R). CCW-R makes it easier for partners to order new and renewal services, software subscriptions and manage service contracts, and it’s fully integrated with Cisco Commerce.
- Join Cisco Lifecycle Advantage. This partner program is the first of its kind, combining analytics, automation and personalized content to help partners digitally manage the customer relationship. Lifecycle Advantage makes it easier to develop more in-depth customer engagements, maximizing the value customers get from their solutions and the revenue partners earn.
Using a combination of Cisco and partner data, Lifecycle Advantage automatically sends personalized, cobranded messages at specific milestones over the life of a customer's purchases. By contacting customers with relevant information about solutions they own at the appropriate time, they’re more likely to realize the full value of their investments and become more loyal. Automated notifications include:
- A second chance at attaching services
- Onboarding information
- Adoption of features they may not be using
- Recommendations for additional solutions that are relevant to them
- Reminders of expiring contracts and subscriptions (which can also include autogenerated, ready-to-book quotes)
- Refresh notifications when products near end of life
- Use the Ingram Micro reseller services portal (RSP). The RSP is a web-enabled application that’s the perfect complement to the Cisco Lifecycle Advantage program. It simplifies the process of tracking maintenance contracts, warranties and leases, ensuring partners capture 100% of the contract annuity revenue available.
To get started, log on to the RSP and receive immediate notification of any warnings, product updates or pending approvals that require attention. Then use the portal's interface to:
- Renew services contracts—receive automatic emails 30, 60 and 90 days before the contract expiration date.
- Register new products for future renewal revenue.
- Attach new services to uncovered assets.
- Refresh products for growth opportunities.
- Increase your Cisco Smart Net Total Care revenue with real-time pricing via Cisco online quoting.
- Manage customer accounts more efficiently.
You also can give your customers the option of viewing their services portfolios and previous maintenance contract purchases. This helps them forecast and budget more effectively while strengthening their relationships with you by positioning your company as a trusted business partner.
To find out how the Ingram Micro Reseller Services Portal can help you build and manage your service business, contact the Ingram Micro Cisco Services team and schedule a consultation today: (800) 456-8000, ext. 76475.