Field force automation benefits:
- Manual processes can be computerized, increasing speed while reducing errors.
- Customers can be presented with immediate invoicing and receipts (emailed or printed with a mobile printer).
- Inventory data is accurate and can be immediately updated from the field.
- Damaged or returned goods can be submitted from the field with photo verification.
- Sales and service routes can be optimized to ensure appropriate resources are allocated.
- Route optimization can reduce fuel costs and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Field sales software can remind and encourage sales teams to upsell designated products/services.
- Automation of sales tasks can free up sales personnel to spend more time on customer experience and engagement.
What you can sell:
- Handheld mobile computers
- Rugged tablets
- Smartphone sleds
- Mobile printers
- Printer consumables
- Mobile software
- Unified communications and collaboration software
- Wireless mobile connectivity
- Integration to other systems (ERP, CRM, accounting, etc.)
- Credit card processing services
- Mobile device management (MDM) service
- Hardware as a service
Pay particular attention to the last three items on the above list, as they can provide an excellent source of monthly recurring revenue. If your customers want the ability to collect payments in the field on their mobile devices, it’s possible for you to get a cut of the credit card processing. These residuals can start small, but grow to impressive numbers. Additionally, the profit margin is extremely high since there’s no expense to you after everything is set up.
If you have customers with a large number of devices in the field, it’s critical to use some form of MDM software to track, secure and update them. Offering this service will give you another source of recurring revenue, while ensuring your customers remain up and running.
Many customers, eager to keep capital expenditures low, are interested in solutions offered “as a service.” By bundling hardware into a monthly subscription offering, you can provide customers with a great solution at an attractive price. While your short-term cash flow might dip, your long-term revenue will thrive while becoming more stable and predictable.
If you’re interested in turning this opportunity into a reality, contact Ingram Micro’s DC/POS expert, Tom Jones. Rest assured, Ingram Micro has every piece of the puzzle needed to provide a total solution to your customers. Jones and his team will help you bring it all together.