To aid your efforts, we’ve put together a checklist designed to ensure you and your team don’t overlook any of the key areas that can cripple a project. Some of the answers to these questions will come from your customers, while others will come because of your discovery process.
- Do you have an existing supply chain management system in place?
- If so, what hardware and software are you currently using?
- Do you want the old system replaced or updated?
- What do you like/dislike about your current system?
- What problems are you having related to inventory, asset management, and so on?
- How many employees/users do you have?
- How many shifts do you run in a day and how long are they?
- What are you tracking (size, quantity, location of items)?
- In what environment will the technology be used? Extreme temperatures, moisture, sunlight may play a factor.
- Is the warehouse/facility optimized for a supply chain management solution?
- What integrations to other business systems are necessary?
- How many of each of the following are needed?
- Handheld barcode scanners
- Fixed barcode readers
- Label printers
- Mobile computers
- Charging stations and batteries
- Mobile workstations for scanning and enterprise printing
- What data do you need on a label?
- What symbologies should be used?
- What is your expected volume of labels?
- What size and type of labels are needed?
- What networking infrastructure exists and is it adequate for the new solution?
- Is wireless networking and access point coverage and signal strength adequate?
- Is network security in place and adequate?
- Who are the decision-makers?
- Who are the stakeholders who should be involved in the planning?
- What is your budget?
- What is your desired timeframe for completion?
- Into how many phases should the project be split to ensure a smooth rollout?
- Who needs to be trained on what?
- Is there an opportunity to upsell physical security such as access control and video surveillance?
- Is there an opportunity to upsell digital signage?
While the above checklist certainly isn’t all-encompassing, it’s a good crutch to help you avoid common mistakes and ensure you’re covering most of the essentials for your customers. If your customers present unique challenges that aren’t addressed in the above checklist, contact Daryl Schuster for assistance.