In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, many companies are having employees work from home to contain the spread of the virus. IT departments and security teams are finding themselves in the position of having to support an unprecedented number of offsite workers and devices. If there’s one certainty during this challenging time, it’s that cybercriminals are going to try to take advantage of this situation—by targeting remote connectivity vulnerabilities.
Ingram Micro and Cisco are here to help
Like your customers, you too may be feeling overwhelmed with an onslaught of questions about the costs and risks of implementing virtual offices. Your trusted partners Ingram Micro and Cisco have you covered.
Recently, Cisco Webex expanded its free offerings to allow employees to stay connected to their teams and continue their business operations. Cisco is also broadening this offer to include security for remote employees by providing extended free licenses, and expanded usage counts at no extra charge for three security technologies that are designed to protect remote workers anywhere, anytime and on any device.
- Cisco Umbrella protects users from malicious Internet destinations, whether they are on or off the network. Because it’s delivered from the cloud, Umbrella makes it easy to protect users everywhere in minutes. With this offer, existing customers can exceed their user limit to support an increase in remote workers, and new customers can access a free license. To have the initial 14-day period extended to 90 days, please contact your Cisco sales rep at Ingram Micro.
- Duo Security enables organizations to verify users’ identities and establish device trust before granting access to applications. By employing a zero-trust model, it decreases the attack surface and reduces risk. With this offer, existing customers can exceed their user limit to support an increase in remote workers, and new customers can access a free license.
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client empowers employees to work from anywhere on company laptops or personal mobile devices. It also provides the visibility and control security teams need to identify who and which devices are accessing their infrastructure. Existing AnyConnect customers can exceed their user limit to support an increase in remote workers, and new customers can obtain a free license. To get started, partners should talk with their Ingram Micro Cisco representative to get the requested usage counts.
For customers with insufficient capacity in their Cisco hardware to support the required VPN connections or those with no Cisco firewall, we’re offering Cisco ASA (Adaptive Security Appliance) v30 at up to 75% off list price.
We’ve also developed Webex courses—available live or on-demand—to help get you up to speed on how to sell, implement and support Webex. We’ll also show you how Webex sessions can be easily secured using Cisco Umbrella
and Cisco Duo
Here’s a summary of some of the online training:
- Control Hub Administration—Configuring the Essentials Part 1. This course is a two-part series covering the fundamental yet critical elements of a properly deployed Control Hub Environment. The course is geared toward IT admins new to the Webex Control Hub environment or those who need a better understanding of the critical elements required in every Control Hub implementation. After completion of this 60-minute course, the partner will understand the purpose, uses and features of the Webex Control Hub. Attendees will also learn about the critical elements that should be configured in their environment.
- Webex Rapid Onboarding. IT Admins, do you need to rapidly onboard your end users to a virtual environment? Let us help you take some of that stress away. Join this class and learn how to make sure your infrastructure is ready for the shift to working remotely as we discuss Webex provisioning and user management. You’ll leave with a variety of resources and support to help you get started.
- Control Hub Administration—Configuring the Essentials Part 2. Part 2 examines more closely these critical elements of Control Hub:
- Domain setup
- Domain claim
- Auto-assign templates
- Converting users
- Managing users
The details listed above should be considered vital steps to be configured before moving on to the advanced features described in later classes. After the completion of this course, the partner will understand the prerequisites, characteristics and possible caveats to these critical elements and understand the benefits of a properly configured Control Hub environment to the user experience.
Check out the free Webex training classes
here to learn more.