Companies like having the physical security and intelligence-gathering capabilities of video cameras, but just how reliable are their cameras when they need to find a specific clip or positively identify a person or track an object? If your customers are using the latest Meraki cloud-managed smart cameras, there’s nothing to worry about:
- MV63—a compact fixed-lens mini dome camera with an edge architecture that minimizes physical infrastructure and software requirements.
- MV93—a fisheye camera providing a 360-degree field of view (FoV) and complete visibility and intelligent security.
Together, these cameras address critical safety and security challenges by extending visibility to more outdoor areas and providing more flexible deployment options, ensuring users get the right angle shot for the coverage they need.
The MV63 and MV93 usher in Meraki’s third generation of MV smart cameras, adding new innovations, such as:
MV63: security in high definition
- Added privacy features—While audio is essential in some use cases, it raises privacy concerns in others. The MV63 and MV93 require the microphone to be activated on the device and the dashboard to reduce the chances of microphones being turned on accidentally or maliciously.
- Higher resolution and storage—The MV63 and MV93 series are outdoor-rated and offer up to 2880 x 2800 (MV93X) and 4K (MV63X) resolution and up to 1TB of storage to meet the needs for longer onboard storage and greater visibility.
- Indoor/outdoor deployment—The MV63 and MV93 are impact rated IK10, making the camera enclosures well protected against vandalism and theft. They also meet IP67 standards, providing complete protection against dust and airborne particles as well as liquids, including immersion in up to one meter of water.
The MV63 series cameras are ideal for monitoring entrances and exits, as well as the general perimeter, from walls, ceilings or even corner-mounted locations. Using machine learning (ML)-based computer vision, MV63 cameras can perform real-time object detection, classification and tracking of people and vehicles to increase safety and provide useful insights into activity.
MV93: security that tells a complete story
With its resolution of up to 2880 x 2880 pixels and 360-degree view, the MV93 captures the full picture, enabling broad context and clear detail. This panoramic overview also increases situation awareness and makes surveillance more efficient.
The MV93’s built-in IR illumination makes it ideal for improving safety and security for parking lots, warehouses and other open spaces, even in low light. Plus, with the same ML-based computer vision as the MV63, the MV93 can be used to detect, classify and track objects in real time, enabling deep learning and allowing organizations to more efficiently monitor activity and trends to improve security or create more efficient processes.
Schedule a demo today
Both cameras are available in the Ingram Micro Business Technology Center (BTC) and can be demoed remotely or in person.
Contact the BTC