Now that companies and learning institutions have had to adapt to the work-from-home and learn-from-home trend over the past year, many realize that remote collaboration and distance learning can be just as effective as in-person meetings—sometimes better—with the right technology. When it comes to helping your customers select the right technology resources, it’s essential to begin by getting a full understanding of their business need (Here’s a link to Cisco’s roadmap to recurring revenue
, for more info on this topic).
Cisco understands the importance of technology customization very well, and that’s why partners will find lots of configuration options within each solution. Even beyond that, however, Cisco also has industry-specific offerings that are ready to go out of the box. Here’s a case in point for solving your education customers’ collaboration, networking and security needs:
- Webex for education. Cisco provides tools that help transform the way students and teachers communicate with each other. With the Cisco Webex Education Connector, Webex can be seamlessly integrated with leading learning management systems (e.g., Canvas by Instructure, Blackboard Learn, Schoology, D2L Brightspace), so educators and students don’t have to navigate to different applications to get work done. The connector includes several easy-to-use features:
- Instructors can schedule virtual classes over Webex right within the LMS. Students click just one button to join the class.
- Instructors can create messaging groups with students in each course within the learning management system (LMS).
- The platform eliminates transitions between tools to allow students and educators to collaborate effortlessly.
- While students and faculty are away from campus, they’re still able to fully access content for more productive sessions, and interactively share whiteboards and annotated content for increased creativity, brainstorming and communication.
- Class schedules have become more fluid so the ease of use in managing meetings and recordings is an essential feature to accommodate this flexibility.
- Instructors can list their available office hours for students to schedule.
- Webex helps keep remote learning secure and student data private in accordance with FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) and COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998).
- Keep collaborating before, during and after lessons with 1:1 and group messaging, rich content and file sharing, video calls and more.
- Meraki Z3 teleworker solution. If you’ve ever been on a video call with a bad network you know exactly how frustrating and unproductive that experience can be, and it can be disastrous to distance learning. The Meraki Z3 teleworker solution is the perfect complement to Webex, delivering 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi for fast and reliable connectivity, plus 3G/4G cellular failover via a USB modem. The Z3 also features a stateful firewall, which separates corporate and personal traffic, and it supports traffic shaping application prioritization.
- Cisco Secure Remote Worker. Whether your education customers collaborate on their desktops, tablets or smartphones, they shouldn’t ever have to make security compromises. And with Cisco Secure Remote Worker, they won’t make any compromises. The security solution provides a simple, scalable, integrated offering that handles the critical components of security with ease, including:
- User verification. Verify the identity of all users before granting access to corporate applications with secure and easy multifactor authentication with Cisco Secure Access by Duo.
- End-to-end security. Enable secure access to the enterprise network for any user, from any device, at any time, in any location with the Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client VPN.
- Endpoint protection. Enable coordinated defense against threats with SecureX—a platform built into Umbrella for internet security, Cloud Mailbox Defense for email protection and Secure Endpoint (AMP for Endpoints) for endpoint security.
To learn more about the latest Cisco remote work and distance learning technologies, visit the Cisco Virtual Learning (CVL) resource center by Ingram Micro: https://imaginenext.ingrammicro.com/cisco-virtual-learning