Ingram Micro offers several resources to help Cisco channel partners (including salespeople, engineers, and technicians), overcome common challenges associated with selling, implementing and supporting Cisco solutions and services:
Experience Center. Located in Buffalo, N.Y. and sponsored by Cisco, the Experience Center is available to all Ingram Micro partners and serves as a Cisco-exclusive technology showroom equipped with all of Cisco’s latest products and solutions. Partners can use the Experience Center’s resources in many ways, including:
- Demonstration Pods/Proof-of-Concept — Let Ingram Micro’s Cisco experts recreate your proposed Cisco solution and see firsthand how Cisco products and offerings can benefit you and your customers by addressing various technology needs and improving the way organizations run.
- Sales and Technical Training — There’s no reason why all your associates can’t be experts on Cisco solutions. Ingram Micro’s engineers will provide training and support in person or remotely (via WebEx or video) to ensure that your business stands out from competitors and your team is knowledgeable and comfortable with Cisco technology.
- A Fully Functioning Cisco Data Center — Learn how to increase your profitability and adapt quickly to new business models by leveraging a fully-functioning live Cisco data center environment. Complete with UCS (Unified Computing System) B- and C-series servers, Nexus switching, APC cooling, and more, it exists only to support Experience Center activities for hands-on engagement or remote access by your team.
- Cisco Collaboration and Video — Get hands-on with the latest Cisco phones, Business Edition products and Cisco video endpoints, or use Ingram Micro’s remote meeting and demo capabilities supported by Cisco.
- Switching, Wireless, and Security — Whether it’s the latest Catalyst or Nexus switching products, Meraki or Cisco security, the Experience Center has it and is ready to showcase the advantages to you and your clients.
On Course. This three-step program is designed to help partners navigate the Cisco onboarding, certification and specialization process.
- Step 1: Become a Cisco Registered Partner. Gain access to a variety of channel partner tools and become eligible to apply for Cisco certifications and specializations.
- Step 2: Become a Cisco Select Certified Partner. This step mirrors the architectural strategy of Cisco advanced-level specializations, positioning SMB partners to sell strategically across all technologies. Security, networking, collaboration and data center topics headline the major training tracks, along with updated services training. The program also introduces Cisco training for cloud concepts, SMB-level Cisco telepresence products, and virtualization and data center switching.
- NOTE: Partners can also become Select through Express Security Specialization track, which is why I added Security to the list above. This is separate from the SMB Select certification.
- Step 3: Become a Cisco Specialized Partner. Through Cisco On Course, Ingram Micro partners can pursue three levels of specializations (Express, Advanced, and Master) that demonstrate increasing capabilities in sales, technical and lifecycle services.
Connect and Grow. This program includes live, interactive, one-hour webinars designed to provide all Cisco partners — regardless of authorization or certification status — with in-depth knowledge of Cisco solutions. Featured topics include everything from new product information and important business direction to user-friendly demo walkthroughs and more.
Ingram Micro has more than 150 associates — including sales and technical support, architectural-focused resources and a dedicated services team — available to help you advance your Cisco business. Contact the Ingram Micro Cisco Partner Development team today at (800) 456-8000, ext. 76799.