According to a 2018 market analysis report from Deltek
, state, local and education (SLED) demand for vendor-furnished IT systems and services will grow from $108.7 billion in FY 2019 to $134.4 billion in FY 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3%.
Everyone wants their city to be safe, thriving, clean and fun. And many planners know these ideals require an investment in the latest IT solutions and services. But cities have to work within their economic constraints, too. Cisco and Ingram Micro have bundled solutions, services and programs that channel partners can offer to solve their public sector clients’ challenges, regardless of the size of the project and budget.
Drive new growth with Cisco Kinetic for Cities and Meraki
Cisco’s IoT (Internet of Things) platform, Cisco Kinetic, provides customers with the ability to quickly get data up and running with device connectivity, device provisioning, secure data transmission, data cleansing, data analytics, machine learning, model training and the full lifecycle management of applications.
Cisco Kinetic is a cloud-based platform that helps customers extract, compute and move data from connected things to IoT applications to deliver better outcomes and services. The platform gets the right data to the right apps at the right time—
across edge, private cloud, public cloud and hybrid environments—
while executing policies to enforce data ownership, privacy, security and data sovereignty laws.
Solutions within the Cisco Kinetic platform address the following needs:
Case in point: City of Mississauga
- Lighting: Lower energy consumption (up to 80% energy savings in some instances) and costs along with simplified maintenance via Cisco Kinetic for Cities Lighting.
- Unified digital framework: Break down network and organization silos to simplify resource management with the Cisco Kinetic for Cities platform.
- Parking: Generate revenue with demand-based parking while reducing citizens’ search time with Cisco Kinetic for Cities Parking.
- Safety: Accurately detect incidents and protect against crime through digital monitoring with Cisco Kinetic for Cities Safety and Security.
- Urban mobility: View live street conditions to gain insights into how to improve traffic management with Cisco Kinetic for Cities Urban Mobility.
- Digital network architecture: Provide residents with internet connectivity and access to a broad range of public services with Cisco DNA for Cities.
- Simplify network management: Cisco Meraki enables state and local governments to implement smart initiatives that positively impact communities’ quality of life, security and the local economy with simple IT.
Economic opportunity and reputation as Canada’s safest city have helped the City of Mississauga
grow to 800,000 residents. To facilitate future growth and maintain its status, the city partnered with Cisco and Cisco Gold partner, OnX, to adopt an innovative IT strategy that incorporates the Internet of Things (IoT) and intelligently connects people, processes, data and things.
The city’s traffic can now be monitored in real time allowing signal and traffic movement changes in response to accidents, construction or other issues. Flood-response decisions also can be made, and public communications and operations can be put into action immediately.
Additionally, all city operations field staff have mobile access to service work orders in the field with real-time information access to enable quick and accurate maintenance decisions. The city plans to add more sensors and devices to improve visibility, efficiency and management agility. “[Soon], we’ll be able to automate certain field services, connect people with real-time information and introduce more self-service options via our website,” says Shawn Slack, the city’s director of IT and CIO.
To learn more about providing your municipality customers with smart solutions, contact Collin Rauen, Ingram Micro senior channel account manager, at (800) 456-8000, ext. 66092, or at email@example.com