One of the lingering effects of the global pandemic has been a list of supply chain shortages ranging from chicken and ketchup to lumber, metals and semiconductors. The latter category has created a new set of challenges for IT solution providers. For example, knowing how much inventory to keep on hand—especially servers—is nearly impossible to predict. And if a customer has a server failure and needs a replacement, waiting 2 weeks (sometimes longer) isn’t acceptable.
As an authorized build-to-order (BTO) distributor for Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS) servers, Ingram Micro helps partners alleviate these challenges. Our Integration Center stocks, builds, tests and ships Cisco UCS B-series and C-series servers to our partners—or their end customers—from one of our warehouses in Mira Loma, Calif. or Millington, Tenn.
Partners can select from pre-configured options or upgrade the components. In addition, stock BTO servers can be shipped immediately.
One of the keys to our quick turnaround is that our server chassis don’t contain processors or memory, which gives our partners the flexibility to build any configuration from our inventory. The result is a delivery time of 3 to 5 business days for a direct ship.
Additional Cisco UCS BTO server benefits available to Ingram Micro partners include:
- Competitive premium price structure applied to all BTO opportunities
- Ability to configure and pre-test UCS B- and C-series servers from Ingram Micro inventory
- No separate integration fees
- Ability to procure any configuration from Ingram Micro stock rather than direct ship
- Advanced Integration opportunities through our Millington, Tenn. facility
- Integrated Cisco UC applications on UCS
- Ingram Micro-built EMC VSPEX solutions
- Cisco Integrated Data Center Ecosystem opportunities
Ingram Micro has more than 300 individuals supporting Cisco and its Data Center Ecosystem partners in the U.S. It’s also a global distributor, with customers in 150 countries serviced by 100 distribution centers spanning Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America and broadly reaching Asia Pacific.
For more information on Cisco UCS BTO services, please contact your Ingram Micro sales rep or your dedicated Ingram Micro Cisco team at (800) 456-8000, ext. 76471, option 1.