This school year is like no other. Students and staff have adapted and still are adapting to new learning models, new ways of connecting and new work environments.
Meraki is playing a pivotal role in helping K-12 schools adapt to today’s challenges. Not surprisingly, it’s become one of Cisco’s fastest growing portfolios with more than 5.5 million active users managing Meraki wireless, switching, security, SD-WAN, endpoint management, network insight and security cameras.
Because Meraki products are cloud-managed via a mobile or desktop browser, equipment pre-staging and deployment is simple. And once it’s deployed, making changes or troubleshooting is easy, too.
Here are four ways Meraki can help your K-12 customers succeed:
- Securely run a hybrid network from anywhere. While many learning resources are now hosted in the cloud, there’s typically a few critical services needed in the classroom. Meraki MX provides the perfect termination point for remote connections, with no special software for up to 10,000 connections. For example, MX100 Meraki Security and SD-WAN appliances support thousands of VPN connections, include industry-leading Cisco security features and provide simple site-to-site networking across school districts.
Monitor physical distancing. Meraki smart cameras and Wi-Fi access points can help staff and faculty maintain safe physical distancing by providing access to video from any device. Simple device location techniques show where students are congregating and any potential pinch points:
- Meraki smart cameras are fast to deploy, can be monitored anywhere via desktop or mobile and provide on-device storage, eliminating the need for a separate video recorder.
- Meraki access points provide high-capacity indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi 6, onboard device location analytics and built-in Bluetooth for asset and beacon tracking.
- Keep students focused on learning. One of the biggest challenges with screen-based learning is numerous distractions—especially from social apps. Meraki Systems Manager enables teachers to lock managed iOS and Android devices to specific applications during lesson time, encouraging students to stay focused on learning. IT admins can use Meraki Systems Manager to keep track of thousands of managed devices (including applications).
- Stay connected anywhere. Although the traditional classroom is indoors, there are times and situations when the classroom needs to move outdoors. With Meraki outdoor Wi-Fi and cellular gateways, students can get reliable Wi-Fi access in parking lots and other remote locations in any climate.
For a limited time, Cisco Meraki channel partners can receive additional discounts for any K-12 or public library customers in the U.S. and Canada through the Meraki Ed-Vantage promotion. This promotion also can be stacked with other Cisco incentives such as OIP and TIP. For more information, click here