In this episode of B2B Tech Talk, Keri sits down with Murtaza Hafizji
, the Sr. Advisor of RSA’s leading authentication and access solution, RSA SecurID Access
. Murtaza shares the risks of remote work and how companies can manage who’s accessing their networks.
Plus, he goes over…
- Challenges associated with accelerating your customers’ digital transformations
- 2 big security problems RSA SecurID Access solves for businesses
- The future of remote work technology
Hear Murtaza’s 4 tips for securing the digital workspace in episode 70
"41% of employees are likely to work remotely at least some of the time post-pandemic … The distributed workforce is not a passing phase. It's here to stay." — Murtaza Hafizji
2 challenges companies are facing right now
Work is looking a lot different from how it did at the beginning of the year. It’s important to keep in mind that the remote work trend isn’t really a trend at all. It will continue to be a requirement for employees.
There are two main security challenges associated with the future of work:
- Are users who they say they are? Employees obviously aren’t in the office—is the person attempting access actually a team member?
- Which users have access to what? Perhaps this was already a concern for your company before the pandemic. Now, it’s critical for security and productivity to know who has access to what.
Fortunately, there’s a solution that allows your customers to sleep at night, not fretting about vulnerabilities in their network.
The remote work security solution
Imagine if your customers could…
RSA SecurID Access
- Secure endpoints everywhere
- Move to the cloud at their own pace
- Maintain productivity while scaling security
- Have identity assurance for all users
- Have comprehensive visibility of users and their levels of access
offers all of that and more.
The future of remote work technology
Murtaza points out the work landscape has expanded greatly and will never be the same. Although some people are going back to the office, there are companies that will never go back to pre-pandemic work environments.
The more land there is to manage, the more security businesses will need. Endpoints—whether they’re corporate-issued or not—need to be managed in regard to the two challenges mentioned above:
- User identity
- User access
These two elements will continue to be critical to the future of remote work technology.
As for remote work itself? It’s here to stay.
To join the discussion, follow us on Twitter @IngramTechSol #B2BTechTalk
Listen to this episode and more like it by subscribing to B2B Tech Talk on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Stitcher. You can also listen on our website.