Data is the lifeblood of every business.
With the pace of digital transformation accelerated in 2020, progress can only be made when we push to innovate and advance in 2021.
In this episode of B2B Tech Talk, Keri Roberts is joined by Don Hinkley, the Outside Senior Sales Manager at Dell Technologies, a vendor partner of the President’s Club, to discuss lessons from digital acceleration in 2020, and how Ingram Micro and Dell work together to help individuals work from home.
Don also explains:
- Lessons learned from 2020
- Why partners should consider PowerStore for midrange storage needs
- How Dell Technologies is helping people work from home
- What makes 5G better than 4G
- The biggest benefits of being in the President's Club
- Emerging technologies for 2021
Lessons learned from 2020
One impressive lesson from this year is just how resilient people can be. It’s crazy to think that one day everyone was working in the office and the next they were working from home. In 2020, we really saw the technology world as a whole step up to solve new issues and get things done in different environments.
PowerStore: meet your midrange storage needs for 2021
Currently, the midrange storage market represents an $18 billion opportunity for the IT channel as well as 64% of the $28 billion external storage industry, according to research from Dell Technologies.
Dell’s PowerStore next-generation storage appliance was built to help partners capitalize on this lucrative opportunity.
Here are 5 reasons businesses should consider PowerStore for their customers’ midrange storage needs:
- Scale up, scale out—the PowerStore offers true scale up and scale out through its networking capabilities.
- Any workload—PowerStore’s data-centric design and unified architecture makes it performance-optimized for any workload.
- Flexible container-based architecture—the use of containers offers a lightweight module within the software, providing isolation to each software module within the stack.
- AI/ML autonomy and automation—PowerStore can detect issues such as hot storage groups and make recommendations and reallocate resources if necessary.
- 7x faster, 3x less latency—Dell EMC PowerStore is up to seven times faster and three times more responsive than previous Dell EMC midrange storage arrays.
Emerging technologies for 2021
There are three stages to the work-from-home process. First was the initial panic of figuring out how to get technology at home. Second was identifying if individuals had the right resources and processes. Now we’re coming into stage three, where we’ll have to examine people’s needs as they move back into the office.
In this phase, we’ll continue to see video conferencing evolve and become more user friendly, and data will grow at an incredible rate as a result.
We’ll also see 5G progress and transform the way we live, work and play. The pure speed of what 5G brings to the market will redefine how we communicate and will move human development forward.