You have a unique perspective, knowledge base and skill set. Make it known!
Content marketing is crucial to the success of your business. A vlog (video blog) is an extremely impactful and easy-to-do marketing technique that you can start right now.
Ingram Micro’s Sr. Content Strategist, Danielle Gallagher
, shares five steps for starting a vlog in this episode of B2B Tech Talk, as well as:
"Marketing content is different. It needs to get the reader's attention, make an impact, and then get out." — Danielle Gallagher
- 3 big content marketing trends for 2020
- Why your website should be the home base for all your content
- Where content marketing is headed in the future
3 content marketing trends in 2020
In case you haven’t noticed, content marketing is vital for the success of your business. If you haven’t tapped into digital and content marketing yet, best do so today.
To help you get started, here are three major trends Danielle is seeing in 2020:
Audio is a passive type of content. You can listen to a podcast while mowing the lawn, doing dishes, walking the dog—pretty much anything. Starting a business podcast is a great way to serve your customers helpful and educational material while keeping your brand top-of-mind.
- Streaming events
Most industry events are virtual this year, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be imaginative. Take Ingram Micro’s ONE event
for example; normally, ONE is a regional event. But this year, it has the opportunity to be global.
Vlogs—video blogs—are an exceptional way for techies to jump into the content marketing game. They’re easier than ever to produce and make it simple for your customers to watch you do a demo or share some tips.
How to start a vlog
It’s super easy to start vlogging and your audience will appreciate the effort. A vlog is an effective technique for building trust with current and future customers.
The best thing about starting a vlog? You don’t need a dedicated marketing team. You can just do it!
Here’s how to get started:
- Tap into the experts at your company. Depending on what you want to vlog about, it can be helpful to ask people within your business to contribute their expertise. You could do an episode on finances, IT, leadership, sales — anything. Plus, people will probably be excited to be featured in a video.
- Post frequently. In order to have a successful vlog, you need to post on a consistent basis so your audience knows when they can hear from you again.
- Make your vlog informational, not promotional. People aren’t going to want to watch an infomercial. Answer your audience’s questions through your videos and give them tips to succeed in their industry.
- Use statistics. By including some concrete facts in your videos, you’re making yourself credible. Viewers will have more trust in you if you’re basing your insights on actual statistics.
- Promote your vlog through social media and email. Let your audience know when a new video comes out. Meet your customers on their own turf, whether they prefer LinkedIn, Instagram or a good old-fashioned email.
The future of content marketing
Starting a vlog can help you be more prepared for the future of content marketing. Danielle predicts that AI will soon have a bigger role
in serving up targeted content. She also believes that once Gen Zs begin entering the workforce, successful content marketing will be about…
To get a jumpstart on your content marketing approach, reach out to your Ingram Micro rep for more information on where to begin.
To join the discussion, follow us on Twitter @IngramTechSol #B2BTechTalk
Listen to this episode and more like it by subscribing to B2B Tech Talk on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Stitcher. You can also listen on our website.