As more and more millennials and Gen Zs enter the workforce, the expectation of modern technology in the workplace is growing. Today’s employees expect the same quality of tech at work as they have at home, which means the line between business and consumer solutions will continue to disintegrate.
In this episode of B2B Tech Talk, live from the U.S. Sales Kickoff, guest host James Carbary
of Sweet Fish Media
speaks with Ingram Micro’s VP of business and consumer solutions, Craig Birmingham
James and Craig discuss:
- The main reasons why the line between consumer and business solutions is disappearing
- How partners are impacted by the consolidation of business and consumer needs
- How consistent collaboration between Ingram Micro and its partners is a win-win situation
Business and consumer needs are becoming one
Craig points out two major ideas to remember about consumer and business solutions:
“A lot of needs and expectations of a consumer are driven by what they get at work.” — Craig Birmingham
- It’s about complete solutions, not individual products. Ingram Micro reps will never try to sell partners a product that doesn’t add value to the solution as a whole.
- Many consumer needs are now influenced by what’s available at their workplace. Work and personal tech continue to form bonds. Consumers don’t want their work’s solutions to be less intuitive than their personal technology.
In other words, the line between a consumer solution and a business solution is practically non-existent.
Partners are greatly impacted
Ingram Micro understands that this shift in strategy makes it hard for partners to keep up with the latest technology. That’s why IM is dedicated to being an expert advisor for all partners.
With subject matter experts, the IM team helps partners stay in the loop on the best solutions and how to implement them.
The fact that it’s so challenging to keep up with new technology should encourage partners to consistently collaborate with the Ingram Micro team.
By touching base on a consistent level, IM is able to more effectively help you reach your business objectives. The ultimate goal of this regular collaboration is, of course, to benefit your customers.
To find out the latest solutions available to you, contact your Ingram Micro rep today!