Do you hate exercising? You probably haven’t found the right activity yet!
As people are returning to the office, tensions are high. Physical activity and mindfulness techniques are a great way to reduce stress and cultivate community.
In this episode of B2B Tech Talk, Jennifer Daily Gress
and Steve Procknal
of Jen & Steve Speak
offer advice for starting a successful corporate wellness program in the wake of the pandemic.
Find more about how Jen and Steve give back to the community with:
Yogis in Service
Power Yoga Buffalo
Jennifer’s work on Medium
Girls On The Run Buffalo
"Senior management putting their weight behind initiatives for wellness counts for a lot." — Jennifer Daily Gress
Jennifer and Steve offer tips on leadership and how to create a less stressful environment for people coming back to the office.
Corporate wellness: management tips
It should be expected that people are going to feel apprehensive about coming back to the office. Whether you decide to launch a corporate wellness plan or not, make sure to do these two things:
- Acknowledge and support your employees. Make sure they know you have their back. Although times are still uncertain, be supportive and transparent for your staff. Consider implementing special breaks for fostering the sense of community you might have lost.
- Keep communication transparent. Your team should know that lines of communication are always open. As a leadership team, you need to proactively ask for feedback and ideas; otherwise, there are folks who probably won’t feel comfortable speaking up.
Implementing a corporate wellness program with these two components front-of-mind will make it more of a group effort and more successful.
Managing individual stress at work
By providing your employees with these stress-management tools, you’re letting them know you’re committed to being supportive.
Questions about corporate wellness or would like Jen and Steve to come to your office? Contact Jennifer and Steve through their website HERE
To join the discussion, follow us on Twitter @IngramTechSol #B2BTechTalk
Sponsored by Ingram Micro Financial Solutions and Ingram Micro President’s Club
Listen to this episode and more like it by subscribing to B2B Tech Talk on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Stitcher. You can also listen on our website.
- Breathing exercises. Breathe in for 4 counts, breathe out for 4 counts.
- Put your attention toward what you can control. Get your mind off the things you can’t change.
- Establish a morning and evening routine. Consistency can help you regain agency over your day.